Grace, precision, and subtle
Rajyashree’s presentations since early performances reflect a deep involvement as performer. As a performer-choreographer, she has conceived and presented several stage productions and commissioned work since the 1990’s both with her performing company Rasika Dance Ensemble and international artists. Funded by state grants in Berlin for her innovative choreographic ideas, she staged many a signature production with her later Rasika Dance Theatre International as a classical-innovative, multinational/cross-cultural or multidisciplinary venture, often with live musical score. She has also worked as guest choreographer in several unique multi-genre theatre productions.
Some signature productions:
- ”Goethe's Iphigenie" with actress Erika Eller (premiere funded by District Cultural Department of Berlin-Schoneberg in 1998 with repeat performances in several formats)
- “Rainbow Melodies” with Indian musicians (funded by District Cultural Department of Berlin- Steglitz-Zehlendorf 2001)
- “Jalakrida - the Water Play” (commissioned for Asia-Pacific Weeks 2005)
- “Körpersprachen-Mundarten” (with international artists, funded by District Cultural Department of Berlin-Schöneberg in 2007)
- “Epos-Ramayana” (choreographic assignment for State Theater Chemnitz 2004-2005)
- “Rasa - the dewdrop of experience” (Indo-Lithuanian production 2018)
- “Sommernachtstraum” (choreographic assignment for Possible World e.V. 2017-2019) View complete list
Grace, precision, subtle expression, eloquence in communication, clarity in concept, a penchant for narratives and an inherent knowledge of music.